Eibli Anglefish

psycho

ok I got this Eibli Angle about 1 week ago and I see him picking at my green star polyps! what is up with that! and now some the polyps don't have green centers anymore, they have orange centers now! is this because of him picking on them? He get food twice a day w/ algie sheets so what is his deal?
he is also nipping on my cenyon tree!!!!!!!!! HELP

psycho

OK......uMMM it says on this web site,.....reef safe. and my local fish store siad he will do fine! :mad:

alyssia

Dwarf angels are reef safe "with caution". I think this site used to say that. I wonder why they changed it. It is hit or miss. Some of them will bother corals and some won't.

alyssia

Originally Posted by psycho
so is this why my green star polyps are turning orange?

Sorry, not sure about that, but I'm sure someone else can help you. They'll probably wanna know your water parameters.

stanlalee

my Eibli dwarf angel picked at open brain, acropora and zoo's (left my star polyps, mushrooms, hammer and frogspawn alone). he didn't damage anything but nipped enough to keep many pretty colonies of zoo's closed or closed more than they should be. He/She is now chillin in the quarantine 30 gallon. I COULD have left it in but there are other pretty fish that will leave corals alone completely. My Eibli is nothing most sites say they are a) mostly reef safe: sort of true depending on your definition b) shy: not even close. he was taking on my larger tangs who where flashing him within 30 minutes in the tank and is always out and up front. not shy or bashful at all. c) peaceful: mean to new additions and afraid of nothing. Flame angel has nothing over this fish in terms of pugnacity.