Electra Subs....

jimmy g

Are they anygood?
I saw them at pepboys and I really wanna get them for my truck but I dont want them to sound crappy.

pwnag3!!

hah.... if you buy any sound gear at pep boys be prepared to have the worst system.
Sound gear is like fish stuff... gotta go good or its not worth it.

thesamm

dude if ur lookin for some subs get jl's, a couple of 12's pound in a sealed box with the 500/1 amp

nicky1.8t

yea 12s are nice but after the 15 i have i would never get any thing but a 15. i have a eclipse aluminum 15 with a 1200 wat amp tuned down to about 400 rms and it pounds like nothing i ever heard. it feels like its choking you when it is really pumping

joker_ca

yes get some JL's but they cost alittle more but well worth it....also JL's are designed not for a pair but for 3 subs together, i have 3 w6's in a sealed box with a 1000watt ppi amp, they sound so clean and never distort

jimmy g

Ok I'm starting to like this thread....What did you guys pay for your system and where can check out some nice subs online?

kart racer

My favorite that I personally had was JBL 1800 gti. 18" woofers with a BIG Phoenix Gold amp running them. And like there add said "they where the second best thing to happen to the back seat of your car". The last I seen Memphis Audio had some good equipment.

denny80688

Check out Diamond audio. they make a sub called the TDX I believe thats very impressive. Also can check out MMats they make some massive subs called the Juggernauts. were the world record holders for a while. I am more into sound quality. I like to enjoy my music weither its rock, rap, country, or whatever. I used to do bass competitions but lost intrest and most of the systems sounded like crap except for loud bass.
anyway right now Im using:
Blaupunkt san francisco headunit
Diamond 6 1/2" components front and rear
Diamond Mac Daddy 12" sub
2 Butler vaccuum tube amps running 300x1
1 Butler Vaccuum tube amp running 600x1 for sub
Blaupunkt DVD ME for Mp3 and dvd
Have the 300x1 amps bridged so one amp runs the left side of the truck the other runs the right. that way I still have balance just not fade.
www.diamondaudio.com
www.tubedriver.com

kart racer

Thats been several years ago and I hate to even think of the money I spent on car audio. Every car I have had up until last year has had a system in it. Some maybe not as elaborate as others.

denny80688

Hard to say really... Bought things over the span of a few years... I would say retail the equipment was around $4,000 nut noone pays retail! It probably cost me around $2500-$3000 the cost that seems to be high that you never think about is the other stuff needed to make it all work. the power cables, distribution blocks, inverters, extra battery, RCA cables, speaker wire.. etc.. not to mention the stuff to install it: carpet, fiberglass, MDF, dynamat, etc. And if you dont do your own installs I cant even imagine the cost of getting everything setup for you. The one place I used to deal with for equipment charged $75 an hour for installs. They specialized in very high end audio... They had a vette that was insane. they used to joke that if they charged the owner the full $75 per hour they would own the car!

thisistodd

well all this was bought when i worked at circuit city so double the prices for a regular customer lol.
alpine mp3 head unit $230
alpine 200Wx2 amp $150
2 alpine type E subs $150
4 infinity 6.5" speakers $60
so for less than 600 bucks this system sounds so clean and is so loud, and the bass is perfect. deep, filling, i dont listen to rap so i dont want to be setting off alarms with music that is pure bass beats that isnt even real, but i could if i wanted. i havent heard a better sound yet neither have my friends

jon.316

now ur talkin my language....cause only some of yall speak whale

my system ran about 2500-3000 but that was about 4or 5 years ago
800x4 power punch (rockford phosgate)
pair of 10 inch bx2 ..(1000 watts each)
2 1000x1 power punch monos (actuall wattage tested around 1200 wats each...
pair of infinity tweets (100 watts max)
infinity kappas all around
(i'd def get infinities man...i've tried pioneers, ken's, even bostons...and cadence....nuttin like inifinities
I'd go with audiobahn subs tho...prices dropped dramatically so ma next system imma git from those ---- stores new
i was thinkin about upgrading from 2800 watts to around 4500 watts

S

shouse

one word, CDT.
Most of my system in my car is CDT, i love them.
I've tried Pioneer, Kicker, JL, Infinity and i love CDT the best.
I get them from a dealer that i know for extremely good prices.
THey make amazing components and their subs are just as amazing, and u cant beat the price. email me at peteopp@gmail.com if u want more information. good luck

C

capschamp

i remember when it was cool to have huge speakers in your trunk. my favorites were dual 12 inch fosgates punches with punch 100 amp. not real expensive but not cheap either. now best buy sells em. always like jl too. never had any though. a friend has 3 jl 10s in his trans am and it rattles the neighborhood when he comes through.
you could always go with an audiovox system. they probly got that at pep boys or your grocery store.

jimmy g

I want somthing but it doesnt need to be "top of the line" just somthing extra....Not 3000 dollars extra.

C

capschamp

go to best buy. get the fosgates. i think you will be satisfied. not top of the line but not crap either