Electric Flame Scallops

imaburch

:notsure: Are these hard invert to keep?
What do they require for food? My LFS said that they are not light sensitive, so are they difficult? Do you feed them photoplakton or something?
:notsure: :notsure:

celacanthr

They are extremely hard to care for. You will have to feed daily (several times daily is better) with lots of different sized plankton, some of which you will have to culture yourself. They are non-photosynthetic hence the need for all of the food. There are people who have had succus with them though.

alyssia

Yes, they are very,very,very hard to keep. I've heard maybe one success story. I'm not sure why they are hard though.

turningtim

They don't do well in a tank. I had one last for maybe 2 months and I've since read that that was a long time. Haven't heard of any body having real good luck with them.
They are cool but don't expect it to last.
HTH
Tim

misfit

Yes I had one too,and mine only lasted like 3 weeks at the most.They are pretty cool though.

chrisarca

Ive had mine for over two years now. Feed Kent chromamax 2-3 time a weeks and thats it. Theyre pretty cool, but I have to really look to find them. They both found nice dark caves in the rocks. I think Ive gotten lucky though because my tank isnt the cleanest in the world.