electric flame scallops

jtoliver

Does anyone know anything about them? my books only say that they exist, not if they are recommended or not. I really just want to know if they will live or not and if there are any special needs I need to be aware of.

mr . salty

All I know is my LFS has one,and I want it. He wouldnt have it if it wasnt #1,easy to care for #2 safe for your aquarium. STEVE

laneki

Be careful jtoliver and Mr. Salty... I have read stories that the flame scallops have been known to eat small fish. In particular, one man said that he saw his percula being devoured by one.

jtoliver

Interesting, I still think I might try it because the one at my lfs doesn't look big enough to eat any of my fish.

laneki

I have two LFS that each have one of those flame scallops and they look so cool, but I am afraid to risk my little percs. Of course, I have not had problems with many species of corals, fish and inverts that I read bad things about. I guess you never know...

krazzydart

they are filter feeders..... I have them in my tank with the clowns and other small fish and never had a problem.....