electrical shock!

fishman830

OK, as many of you may know, i had purchased a MAG 36, i recieved terrible shocks that made my arm feel as though i had just done 100 push ups... and this happened 2 times, on two different pumps, anyone else get this problem?

fishman830

got one.. got one.. GFI too.. took it off the GFI to test it.. cause it kept trippin'... my dad called danner mfg, apparently a lot of those were defective, the epoxy seal can't have bubbles in it... and it did.. resulting in leakage

farmboy

Fish,
There is a line (from breaker box) and a load (feeding downstream recepticles) side of the gfci. Make sure they are correct if so then you have to have a bad GFCI.
My nephew was sitting in a sink full of water with an electric razor when he was 2. The GFCI tripped and saved his life. They work.

connor

i have a mag and got shocked a lot on my tank to i wlked up to my tank to clean the glass toched it and fell over lol it hurt so bad

fishman830

I'm fully aware they work. For about a week, however, i guess it didn't trip? but what ever, i didn't get shocked during that time. Then one night, i wanted to change somthing in the sump, and the one time i don't even have electrical shock on my mind i get shocked.
My dad has just asked me if there are any other people interested in being part of a class action lawsuit against the Danner Mfg.
he stated that " they were abusive on the phone, and they have mislead us"
Keep in mind.. it took the second faulty product for them to admit to us that they had " defective merchandise"