Elegance Corals

russianspy

I just recently discovered these corals and have seen great pictures of them. I would like to have one and would like some personal tips into keeping them...Metal Halide and all.
Pictures would be great! :jumping:

fishguy_40

they will BURN most anything and they open up huge. a elegance w/ a 4 inch skeleton could probably open up triple that size, be careful of placement and what not. they are very aggressive corals and they grow pretty fast under the right conditions. as far as lighting, ive seen success under most of the more popular types as long as youre above 4 watts/gallon id say.

russianspy

Originally posted by fishguy_40
as long as youre above 4 watts/gallon id say.

:yes: 5.6 :yes:
Originally posted by fishguy_40

they will BURN most anything and they open up huge

I read that, and heard it so many times! But only 1/2 my tank it lite right now so all my corals are on 1 side. Once I get my second 250 w HQI MH, I will buy that coral first so it will have a whole half to itself...And when i redid my aquascaping in did a kind of dropoff at the edge of my tank so he will go in the substrate, which is perfecy because the prefer soft subsrtate...(Anyone keep them wedged in LR?) Thnx

nicky1.8t

do a search on them I used to have one that was amazing. You shoulld be able to find a pic of mine. When I had it, I kept it uner vho. MY brother now has it, and keeps it under 2x 110 watt vho, and 2x 250 metal halide, and lt looks even better. We have had it in cap. for over two years, and got it out of anoehrt reef that had been setup for over five years. I have noticed that with other ones, it is hit or miss, with them surviving.

nicky1.8t

The wattage of my brothers tank is 720 watts total, over a 72 gallon bow, so I wouldnt really say that they will burn., unless they arent acclimated correctly.