elegant coral

ivan

i just got a elegant coral any good suggestions on what to feed this guy. if any one has one how good do they grow. all the info avalible is great.

mal

There are varying opinions on elegance corals. I have one and have it under pc lights high in my tank and in a medium flow area. I've had it a year and it has doubled in size. I feed Dt's phyto and direct feed mine silversides about once a week. Also, I soak all my foods in zoe. Good luck, they are awsome corals! After silversides it closes up for awhile, then expands HUGE!

baitman

CALCIUM! (JUST MY OPINON) KALKWASSER MIX IS THE GOOD PLACE TO START. THESE CORALS BUILD THEIR SHELL WITH CALCIUM. ALSO A CALCIUM TEST KIT WILL MAKE YOU MORE ACURATE IN YOUR CONCENTRATION LEVELS.GOOD LUCK

ivan

i have my calcium and alkalinity levels around 450 all the time i use sea lab #28 that automaticly replenishes calcium, strontium and alkaline and keeps them at that steady level, but i still test the levels weekly.

bentrue

ivan, what exactly is the sea lab #28? is it a liquid you add to your tank or a powder mixed in during water changes?

ivan

actually they look like cubes like the cise of a peace of ice cube i add two or three and it dissolves only to replace depleted elements by corals or skimmer. they work great and i have used it for about three months and no probles with over dose or notting like that. it also releases all the trace elements that are found in the sea. i plan to use it in my 10g nano reef that i'll be working on this few months i already got the cycle started