elephant ear mushrooms

blackcap

I have these mushrooms on a live rock that look like elephant ear mushrooms. Reddish brown and kinda wavy. Since I've had them they keep going through different phases where they come out and bloom beautifully or the hide inside the rock. At first I had to move the rock around until I found a place where they liked the light best, etc. They were doing beautifully for a long time, then my fish starting getting attacked. My mushrooms started to look wilted and started hiding. After two different fish were attacked everything was fine again :confused: and the mushrooms started coming back out. (I think my feeding schedule had been altered for a few days. :rolleyes: ) Then I bought a butterfly fish and they dissapeared completely! :( The fish is gone now and I hope they come back.
My question is if they do come back, how do I keep them happy so they don't hide again? Do they eat certain food or like certain supplements?
Thanks for any help!

jbeck

I like those big elephant ear cookies with the sugar on them, not sure if that helps at all ;)

fishtails

If I'm correct, I think elephant ear mushrooms can eat fish. That may be why they disappear for a day or two and reappear. I would believe that they "go away"so they can digest the fish. Be careful with those mushrooms or remove them.