?else do i need

denise melton

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE: A 64 GAL JEWEL THE FITRATION, HEATER,IS ALL IN ONE. HAS PRETTY GOOD WATER MOVEMENT. THE LITTLE JET ON THE SIDE MOVES WATER PRETTY WELL. WHAT KIND OF FILTER IS THAT CALLED? I ALSO HAVE A AIRSTONE. I ALSO HAVE A 55 GAL TANK WITH A EMPEROR BIO WHEEL. I BELIEVE ITS A 330. FAIRLEY LARGE AND MOVES WATER REAL WELL. HEATER AND AIRSTONE.MY DUMB QUESTION WHAT IS A PROTEIN SKIMMER? I HAVE READ ON THIS SIGHT AND PEOPLE TALK ABOUT A FILM. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT IN EITHER TANKS. JUST KIND OF WANDERING WHAT THERE USED FOR SINCE THERE KINDA OF PRICEY. WHAT IS A SUMP? FOR NOW I AM GOING WITH FISH ONLY BUT WILL EVENTUALLY SET UP A REEF IN ONE OF THEM.IM GOING TO PURCHASE SOME LIVE ROCK. THE 55 GAL TANK IS STILL CYCLING ONLY HAS DAMSELS IN IT. IS IT OK TO PUT LIVE ROCK IN WITH THEM? WHAT SPECIAL THINGS DO I NEED FOR THAT IE; LIGHTING ETC. THE FISH I HAVE IN THE OTHER TANK ARE CLOWN, TRIGGER, SMALL SNOWFLAKE EEL,CLEANER WRASSE. I HAVE SOME BROWN ALGAE GROWING, WILL SNAILS, SHRIMP, CRABS HELP? I KNOW I HAVE TOO MANY QUESTIONS BUT ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP. THIS SITE SEEMS TO KNOW MORE THAN ANY LOCAL FISH STORES IN MY AREA. BOOKS HELP BUT I WANT ACTUAL EXPERIENCE BEFORE I SPEND SO MUCH MONEY. OH AND ALL MY WATER LOOKS GREAT. THANK YOU FOR ANY COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS,OPIONS.

krazzydart

READ,READ,READ...study up on reef setups.... saltwater setups ....all taks time and paitence. A skimmer is needed in a reef tank because it cleans out the "waste"of the fish and uneaten food and removes excess PROTEINS that would pollute your tank.... as long as you have good water movement in the reef tank all of the rock can "breath". but if you want to setup a reef get LIVE SAND(1lb./gal)LIVE"CURED"ROCK(1-2lbs/gal)put in sand let it set up a few days then add rock... test water 2-4 times a week and when levels are getting high do partial water changes.... then when all levels are right get some BRISTLE STARS, cleaner shrimp,pepperment shrimp, blue hermits(1 for every 4 gal.of water) Turbo snails(1 for every 10 gal.of water)lighting depends on what type of corals you want, but use a twin tube combo with an atinic bulb and 50/50 bulb and another light with a VHO light.

the rock

the rock says....
take a few minutes and read through the step by step tank set up section on this site