Emerald Crab in sump? Question

fordsvt04

I had 2 Emerald Crabs in my DT and one just got HUGE and when I mean huge he is prob 2inches wide and 5 inches with arms out. He seems to be knocking evey thing over and Im afraid he will eat my smaller fish and snails since ive seen him try and grab them. I finely cought him but my question is...is it a good idea to maybe put him in my fudge? What would be good what would be bad??? Let me know. Thanks

renogaw

actually, Monster is the only mithrax (emerald) crab from my original shipment that has survived. he's in the sump

mmm33732

i don't see what it would hurt. i put an urchin in my fuge because he was knocking corals over all around the tank and eating coraline. he was in there for about 2 months until i traded him into my LFS for credit. i don't see how a crab would be any different. theres plenty of algae in there for crabs to snack on.

tinmanny

I exiled a emerald crad after i saw him plucking yellow pollips and munching them so he lives in the fuge
Good luck
Manny

Originally Posted by renogaw
actually, Monster is the only mithrax (emerald) crab from my original shipment that has survived. he's in the sump

Where can I get my hands on a Red Mithrax???? I have been looking all over but can only find the Green.

renogaw

came as a hitchiker. my lfs near me usually has tons, i can check if they have one if you wanna pay the shipping and cost for the crab