Emerald Crab VS Zoas and trump coral

airandsea

I got my first zoas yesterday. I got a small frag of dragon eyes and a small trumpet coral. Situation of the Day: After getting the frags in the tank and looking good I left for a few hours. When I came home the trumpet coral was gone and I found it behind some of my live rock. One of the heads of the trumpet coral was clipped away and clawed at. Then this morning I I turned on the lights and a frag of the dragon eyes was gone.
I can't find it anywhere. I have a funny feeling that it was the emerald crab. The only things in the tank are an emerald crab, 2 mexican turbo snail, one very small blue leg hermit crab and 2 percula clownfish. I thought that these guy were suppose to be peaceful. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!!!

fuerte91

yea ive seen plent of people on here that have zoas and other corals eaten and nipped at by emerald crabs

gatorwpb

Mexican turbos are horrible for knocking corals off of the rocks. Where your corals secured to the rocks?
Ive never had an emerald crab pick on any corals.

airandsea

The trumpet had a big plug on him so I put it in the sand. Thats when he got moved by something and chewed on. The zoas were super glued to the live rock.

kevin34

I have never heard of emeralds picking at corals either but I have heard of blue leg hermits doing that.

novahobbies

How big are the crabs? I've learned through personal experience that emerald crabs get more obnoxious when they get bigger. E Crabs are omnivores, really.....we use them for algae relief but they will go for whatever fits their fancy. I had a pair get huge in my 37 gallon tank that I had to remove because they were getting pretty nasty with the fish. It wouldn't surprise me to hear they were picking on your corals.