Emerald Crab

Haely

Hi, I was wondering if it would be okay to put a single emerald crab in a 2.5 gallon tank? I had to move him out of my 40 gallon because he was trying to eat my cc starfish, and my only other sw tank has 2 eels.

I had an empty 2.5 that I filled with tank water from the 40 that he’s in now. It has a couple pieces of live rock and a small heater.

Could he live long term in there assuming I put in sand, more live rock, a filter, and a couple of plants?

jay0705

Honestly with only that in the tank, you only have to watch your salinity. It will change quickly in a small tank. Bigger is always easier

Haely

Honestly with only that in the tank, you only have to watch your salinity. It will change quickly in a small tank. Bigger is always easier
So I’m the trash kinda person who gets bored with nothing visible in the tank, would it be possible to get like a clown goby in the tank? Or like a couple shrimp?

jay0705

The more you add the higher your chances of failure. Honestly I would see if you could rehome it if its giving you issues in your main tank