emerald crabs fighting right now !!!

sin

my emerald crabs are fighting right now over a piece of shrimp pellet are they going to kill each other :D

blemmy_guy

ive never seen them fight, maybe there mateing or something like that! :hilarious in that case dont brake them up!! :cheer: :cheer:
todd

sin

Originally Posted by Blemmy_Guy
ive never seen them fight, maybe there mateing or something like that! :hilarious in that case dont brake them up!! :cheer: :cheer:
todd
now that you mention mateing when i first got them i saw one on top of the other. the one that was on the bottom was upside down and the top one opened what look like a door or something form it's bottom side it looked like they were mateing i'm notsure if they were or not i don't know how they mate. :D

sin

do anybody know how they mate i have 4 emerald crabs it might be a good possibillty that one might be a female :D

jacknjill

my two emeralds were fighting in the bag when i brought them home. later i saw one had just one arm. but it grew back in a couple molts

monalisa

LOL!! Those are some REALLY cool pics!! I only wish I could get some action shots like that!!!

Lisa :happyfish

sin

so far it's been fun for me and this is just the cleanup crew can't wait to get fish and corals :D

monalisa

To be honest, sin, I can't wait till you get fish and corals too!! I LOVE your pics!!
Lisa :happyfish

celacanthr

yes i believe what you saw at the petshop was mating. i have never had crabs or saltwater anything for that matter. I do know that on the underside of the male and the underside of the female they have door like plates called the apron. The males apron is shaped like the washington monument whereas the females apron is shaped more like the white house dome.
this is just what ive learned in my studies. ( i hope to become a marine biologist :) )

dmitry

Hmmm... The Washington Monument and the White House mating. I guess it depends on who's in the White House!

cardsfan16

Wild!
If you imagine them roaring it's kind of like watching a Godzilla movie.
I've got $5 on the one on the right.