Emperor Angel and French Angel in 300g?

emperor11

Originally Posted by sw65galma
I have a large Emperor, almost adult.
Would it get along with a Smaller French Angel??
Yep, when I was FIRST starting and knew absolutely nothing (6 years ago) I put a French and an Emperor and a Flagfin and a Scribbled and a Flame and a black cap basslet and 2 clowns all in a 55 gallon!!
There was never a fight, but MAN, my tank was WWAYYYYYY overstocked. It pays off to do your research, but I kept them that for about 3 years, until I decided I wanted to try something different...a MAJOR aggressive reef. Then I didn't like that, and I started a reef. Keep in mind this took place over about 6 years of time, and 6 years ago, I was only 7 years old. Now, I feel I am pretty knowledgeable, and I am EMBARRASED to share that with you. Anyway, the point is...you could EASILY do that in a 300g!

seannmelly

IMO, as long as you have enough rock and hiding places you should be fine. I know a guy w/ a 220 w/ 300+ lbs of lr w/ Adult Imperator, Majestic, Coral Beauty, Lemonpeel, and Flame all together.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by seannmelly
IMO, as long as you have enough rock and hiding places you should be fine. I know a guy w/ a 220 w/ 300+ lbs of lr w/ Adult Imperator, Majestic, Coral Beauty, Lemonpeel, and Flame all together.
I have about 600lbs of LR...so I think that should be good.

scubadoo

Emperor Angels are the Bull of the Woods. IMO...the chances of one lasting with another large angel with both living happily everafter is less than 50% in a 300.
JMO

titan

IMO big Frenchies have more attitude than the Emps. If you can get the French close to the same size as the Emp, but just a little smaller it shouldn't be an issue. As well theres a guy on another site with multiple angels in a 300 without issue. His 10" Emp will grunt at the others but no biting. If you had a huge French Angel that's been established for some time, I'd be a little leary about adding another, but thats not the case here. Good Luck

crox

I will go for it.......I have a coral beaty and a lemonpeel in my 65 and they never had a fight.