Emperor Angel

boone

I recently purchased an emporer angel from my local pet shop for $99. He has been in the tank for 3 weeks and is eating and swimming great. Water levels are perfect. However, he has these white blouchy spots on him that seem to come and go. What is it? And what should I do to take care of this? None of my other fish are showing problems. This is a fish only tank. I have a Sunset wrasse, squirell and marroon clown in there also. This is a 75G tank.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you describe the white blotches a bit more? Is it skin fading or discoloration, or something that looks like is on the skin?
What are you feeding the fish? When and under what circumstances do these blotches occur?

fishgirl2

we had a a problem with a blue ring angel that was white blotches and he died shortly after they appeared in a smaller tank... the dealer said it was ph burn. you may need to boost your ph with a product. apparently are levels were off and we thought that a rose colouring was correct. but, the dealer said that it should have been a more vibrant red. hope this helps!