Emperor Angelfish with HLLE

dragonboy

My Emperor Angelfish has HLLE on his face and its been like this for the past 4 weeks. I have been feeding it selcon at first but recently I bought zoecon. I haven't really notice it gotten worst where it spread on its body but mostly on its face. My water gets pretty cloudy from the selcon I feed everyday could that also be bad to increase the nitrates in the water. I do feed quite heavily but trying to cut back on it. How can you tell if its healing because I can't really tell since some holes on his face looks like it gotten smaller and some seem larger.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by dragonboy
http:///forum/post/3031098
My Emperor Angelfish has HLLE on his face and its been like this for the past 4 weeks. I have been feeding it selcon at first but recently I bought zoecon. I haven't really notice it gotten worst where it spread on its body but mostly on its face. My water gets pretty cloudy from the selcon I feed everyday could that also be bad to increase the nitrates in the water. I do feed quite heavily but trying to cut back on it. How can you tell if its healing because I can't really tell since some holes on his face looks like it gotten smaller and some seem larger.
You have to add only a few drops of Selcon or Zoecon to the food. Don't add it to the water. If your water is cloudy then you are way over feeding. How long have you had this angel? How big is the tank? Please post your exact water readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, SG, and temp.

crypt keeper

My blueface ended up getting this. Stress and poor water will contribute. Two factors I did not know at the time. Make sure your water damned near perfect. The fish can hide when needed and use the supplements you are. I would also get some vitamin C and Garlic.
You dont need to dose daily. 3 to 5 times a week worked for my blueface. I actually picked up an Emp from my LFS with a little head scales missing. I put him in my 75. Keep my water quality as close to perfect as I can get it. He is healing up nice.

unleashed

are you using a prepared food made for angels?if not I highly suggest it ... angels in the wild eat different types of sponge.which is not included in normal fish foods,ocean nutrition angel food formula has essential ingredients designed specifically for angels..also keep up on the selcon... you may not be able do get rid of all scaring from the HLLE but you may be able to stop the progression of it...
as stated above proper diet and water quality are essential for fish heath

dragonboy

Well I did a water change and remove the carbon which I read on the thread that can be a factor. I try to clear up the water which is still somewhat cloudy. Well I haven't really notice if it had gotten worst its mostly on his face and his body seem fine but up to this point I can't tell until like a week from now. I'll try to keep up the water clarity and also feed a little less. I feed my fish a variety of foods I do feed the angels Ocean Nutrition that are for angels. I'll see how it will do after a week hopefully at least some healing I know sometimes the scar doesn't really go away. Do any of you guys use ground probes I'm might get that soon just to see if that helps. I did do a meter test and I found a little bit current is running through the water.

meowzer

I had hlle in my tangs...I bought a grounding probe, took out carbon, used selcon, zoe and garlic....I soaked a formula 2 cube with the stuff...selcon and zoe 3x a week..garlic the other days....Feed good food too
My tangs are cured...not overnight though....

sepulatian

Originally Posted by dragonboy
http:///forum/post/3033758
Well I did a water change and remove the carbon which I read on the thread that can be a factor. I try to clear up the water which is still somewhat cloudy. Well I haven't really notice if it had gotten worst its mostly on his face and his body seem fine but up to this point I can't tell until like a week from now. I'll try to keep up the water clarity and also feed a little less. I feed my fish a variety of foods I do feed the angels Ocean Nutrition that are for angels. I'll see how it will do after a week hopefully at least some healing I know sometimes the scar doesn't really go away. Do any of you guys use ground probes I'm might get that soon just to see if that helps. I did do a meter test and I found a little bit current is running through the water.
The current is certainly an issue. Get a grounding probe. Cloudy water is never a good sign. Do you know why it is cloudy? Feeding is good, but please get the proper supplements to help your fish. I dose supplements with nothing wrong with my fish. I have had issues occur that I strongly believe would have killed my fish if they were not so healthy due to supplements.