emporer 400 filter??

genzod66

is this good for my 46 bow f.ow.l.r, i also have tunze skimmer and 65 lbs, live rock,its the kind with the dual bio wheels,and 4 slots for media,very big filter,i was having issues with water quality with the aqua clear 70,so this must be better??

morval

i have one on my 65g and it works fine it was alone for a year now i have since got a protein skimmer so i just use near some low flow corals and if i need to run carbon or something i can

otter

I have used these kind of filters for fresh and saltwater. I use a modified 300 on my 60 gallon FOWLR. IMHO, the bio wheel and filter pads can become bio-traps. What I do is, I remove the the wheels, pads and replace the pads with polyfilter or plain nylon pads. I will add carbon when I want to polish the water. I like the ability to clean the polyfilter and throw it away when it looks dirty. Just my 2 cents.

bill109

i had a emperor 400 on my 90 for the longest time.. i had a skimmer running 24/7 as well but on that tank i say yes. it should work. if you want, you could have someone on the boards build u a sump for 50-60 $