Encroachmernt

infalable

No, not football penalties. I have some GSP that are over running some beautiful zoos. How do I stop this. They are both on a large rock that I can not break down. My only thought is a razor knife or something to cut and then peel off the rock. Am I close, any ideas?

wattsupdoc

Cutting and peeling those buggers off is going to be impossible. Unless it's a pretty smooth rock. Either blast them with hot water through a syring and kill off enough of them to back 'em up some.(wich you could be doing every few day) or take a stiff toothbrush, like a denture brush and scub 'em away to oblivian. They are beautiful, but such a pain. I have done this in mine successfully. You might do good to recolonize them onto a rock you can easily remove and place them so they are only contacting rocks that can be removed easily. That way you can remove the rocks and scrub away.
HTH.

frankthetank

What are the other star polyps called? I have some that aren't green but more white and look beautiful under actinics! They don't spread near as fast as GSP does.
I feel about my xenias like he does his GSP. My xenia grows like freaking crazy. I frag off about 8 stalks every month and still think they are out growing me!!!!

mikersof

Thanks. That leads to more questions. I have added just such a coral to my 80G reef. There was a part of this coral that was on a second much smaller rock. I went ahead and fragged putting the frag in my 29. The 29 has compact florescent 65,000 lighting.
Do I need to be concerned about this coral spreading too much?
Any special advice on care and feeding?
I'm just really starting to add items to my tanks after they have been setup a little over a year.
You can see where I am at www.jandt-online.com/a
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS AGAIN!
james =)