Encrusting Monti Q's

it's chuck

is it safe to put different types of encrusting montis on the same rook or will the "fight" as the grow closer to each other?

jackri

I've seen to where they merge into a multicolored looking monti -- kinda cool looking but yeah they will fight for room but shouldn't kill each other off from what I've seen.

it's chuck

I already have one frag on a rather large rock and want to add 1 or 2 other types and have it grow in together to cover the whole rock I just wanted to make sure one would kill the other and just take over the rock

trippkid

I would frag the ones you want to mix up and glue them to a separate rock for a little test to see if there is any problems between them, most times it is ok, but sometimes one is a really dominant species over another. That way you won't lose your whole piece of anything if there is fighting between them. And, in a short time you'll have what you want on the new rock. That is what I would do, and probably should do, I have a bunch of Monti's I could mix and match. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Matt