enough filtration??

rygoodm6

i have about 30 lbs lr in my 55 g tank. i have a regular filter that does 300gph and a canister filter that does 200 gph. is that enought filtration or do i need more??? should i get a power head. its gunna be fish only and the filter hang on one side of the tank and the canister hand on the other???

hot883

Originally Posted by rygoodm6
i have about 30 lbs lr in my 55 g tank. i have a regular filter that does 300gph and a canister filter that does 200 gph. is that enought filtration or do i need more??? should i get a power head. its gunna be fish only and the filter hang on one side of the tank and the canister hand on the other???
Filtration wise you should be ok. I would add ATLEAST 2 power heads to circulate the water. If you have still water(dead spots) with no circulation can cause problems. You need a turnover rate at about 10x the tank size for FO I believe. I have corals, zoanthids, mushrooms etc. and I turn over about 1,200 gph in my 55. It's also a good idea to have some surface ripple to help exchange gases. Hope that helps.