Enough Oxygen?

dsorge

I am using an Eclipse 6 gallon as a hospital tank for my clownfish. I know not the best tank but all I could really afford. Anyways, I'm treating her for a parasite/disease that took over her tailfin internally with some treatment called Ich-Attack made by Kordon. It was recommended by my LFS and it also treats other diseases. My concern now is that she is at the bottom of the tank breathing heavily and has a slight list. To me it appears she's not getting enough oxygen from the water. All my parameters are fine, no ammonia or NitrItes and a very low level of NitrAtes. How do I know if there is enough oxygen in my water?

evanish

Ich-attack won't work one bit. Your lfs just wanted your money and recomended it. Your going to have to put the fish through hypo or treat with copper. Read the pinned thread in this forum for more info.

dsorge

Yeah, I was skeptical about the Ich-Attack myself, but my thought was that if they wanted to screw me, they could've got me to buy an expensive treatment solution. At any rate, I wound up having to put her down, whatever it was parasite or disease spread threefold completely destroying her tailfin. I could see she was suffering so I did the inevitable. Still curious about the Oxygen. Anyone?????