Epaulette Sharks

missford

We have been doing measurements and calculations all night for the new tidepool set up in our home, and have decided that our area will comfortably accomodate a tidepool of approximately 7 feet by 10 feet (with enough room for me to work on all sides, as well as still being able to use the room). I have calculated this to be approximately 1500 gallons. I have also been tossing around ideas for the inhabitant, and mentioned in an afore post of an Australian shark that stayed quite small. The shark is an Epaulette Shark, and I'm trying to find out as much as I can on them. If anyone has one or knows about them, please advise.
I'm also still lost as to the best way to filter this, since having 2 lbs per gallon of live rock would involve me winning the lottery. Someone mentioned before having a huge skimmer, but where would I find one so large? I'm having visions of a six foot tall model. All my equipment (UV Sterilizer, cannisters, fluidized bed filter, etc)are for a much smaller system.
Thanks
Mandi
PS I couldn't find an FAQ or a discussion board on the Marshreef site.
M

jim27

Epaulettes are basically the same as bamboos in about every way ecxept for colors. The minimum size for one is about 180-240g so a few can live in a 1500g. Do a search here for "epaulette shark" or "bamboo shark" and you should find lots of info.