Epuipment List for 125g Reef!!!!

chris17

This is my equipment list for a 125g Reef with a 55g sump/fuge.
1- Reeflo Snapper External Pump ( 2500gph )
1- Reeflo Dart External Pump for Cl system ( 3600gph )
2- 1 1/2" Bulkheads for CL
3- 1 1/2" Bulkheads for overflow in DT
1- 1 1/2" Bulkhead in sump, intake line for return pump
1- 2 3/8" Diamond Coated Holesaw
1- MSX200 Protein Skimmer, in-sump
1- Icecap VHO 72" Kit Includes- Icecap 660, VHO rated waterproof end caps, end cap mounts, grounded power cord, 1 160w Actinic White 50/50 and 1 160w Super Actinic Blue both with internal reflectors.
3- Reefstar low profile 400w 10k Metal Halides
2- 6" Fans for canopy air circulation
1- 6" Fan for under stand air circulation
1- 24" 65w PC fixture for fuge
I am starting the stand and canopy within the next 2 weeks. I don't have all equipment yet so any suggestions would be great! As of right now the only equipment I have is the Reeflo Snapper, 3 of the 6 1 1/2" bulkheads, and the 2 3/8" Diamond coated hole saw. I need a few suggestions on heater(s), a quality RO unit around 50-80gpd and good quality test kits.

This will eventually be a SPS dominant tank, until then a softie/LPS dominant tank
This hobby is way too addictive

chris17

Ok, just found a different MH setup possibly.....
IceCap 400w Metal Halide Retrofit Kit with a 65k Iwasaki Bulb and SpiderLight Reflector for $318.99 About $10 less than the previous mentioned MH lights. Also, being a Retro Kit, would I need to get a lense to cover each light from water vapor/ splashing?? Wut do you all think?

joncat24

Looks like a pretty good list.
I would look at Buckeye Field Supply for your ro/di unit.
Call them if you have any questions at all. They are great to deal with and have an awesome unit. I have the 75gpd ro/di(bfs 161 I think) and it is very easy to use and great right outta the box with easy set up and nice instructions.

chris17

Thanks Joncat24, just took a look at the bfs 161. I think I will add that one to my equipment list. Any suggestions about heaters or test kits?

joncat24

Originally Posted by chris17
http:///forum/post/2691395
Thanks Joncat24, just took a look at the bfs 161. I think I will add that one to my equipment list. Any suggestions about heaters or test kits?

I use the visitherm stealth heaters myself. Two 200 watts would be good.
As for test kits, alot of peeps recommend salifert. I personally use Api, and have had good luck with them.