Equipment for a 150 Reef

1968oldsma

Well as it turns out i am going to go reef with my new 150 and i have been looking through my fish magazines and i'm just wanting to get everyones input on what i should use to equip the tank. from Skimmer, to Powerheads to all the stuff in between also what size sump should i use. As it stands now money isn't a huge issue cause we have been saving up a lot for these parts and are continuing to save for equipment the tank is a 72"18'28 So if anyone has some ideas please let me know..

jjlittle

I have 150 and this is what I have . SUmp size is really up to you the larger the better mine is a wet dry empty holds about 30 gal with 30 gal refrug attached.I use mag 18 & mag 7 for my return pumps. 4 maxi jet 1200's power heads, skimmer is for 400 gal I like larger then required.I run VHo lighting and you can see pic below i grow anything clams / acra's i have 4 -72 in all ICe cap lighting.My refrug has 65 watt 10k light. I use 5 gal bucket with float valve for kalkwasser/ro/di water replacement i fill it every 2 days(easies way I found).Thats about it I think.

reefermon

I have a 150 with underground filter, 2 1200 maxijets, wet dry filter, with built in skimmer, metal helide lighting, artintic lighting, I need 2 more helides and I more maxijet but my tank has been doing fine for 7 months with the set up I got

1968oldsma

soon i'm going to start working on the setup and stuff those pics are great, what about do you use any sort of wave maker for the corals?