equipment poll

sign guy

just wanted to get a glempse at what equipment we are using in our tanks
I run a skimmer w/d and fuge but I think my next set up will be the works

hot883

sump/refugium, 1 heater, 1 CSS220 skimmer, 4 power heads and the sump return, and a grounding probe in my sump too. This is for my 125 gallon reef.

sign guy

I thought I could add more polls but I was wrong other questians
do you use an ozinizer
do you use a calcium reactor
do you use a refugium
do you use a chem reactor
how often do you do a water change

1knight164

Originally Posted by sign guy
I thought I could add more polls but I was wrong other questians
do you use an ozinizer
do you use a refugium
how often do you do a water change
No to all except I do water changes weekly.
I do use a chiller and HOB skimmer.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by sign guy
don't poll and leave tell us what you got

on 92 Corner I have
24 W Sterilizer
25G Refugium w/ LR sand/mud, cheto and silver Xynia and 65Watts PC
Auto DI/RO top off
350W VHO
250W MH
Drip systems
took out the ca reactor (still needed close monitoring and was not worth the hassle)

40 galons

no uv. i have a 58 gallon reef with a @ 15-20 gallon sump/refugium. remora skimmer rated for 75 gallon that i think i need to upgrade. 5 gallon water change weekly with the ocasional 10 gallon everything good so far. oh yea and im running 2x175 mh with 2 fans to keep things @ 79-80 degrees

reefkprz

30 gallon custom sump with 3 1/2 sand bed
coralife super skimmer 125
bout 500watts PC lighting various brands (the frankenstein of lighting) and one reg flourescent tube too
hob overflow
rio 2500 return pump
wave maker
one digital timer two mechanichal timers
had uv steralizer but removed it
three rio 1600 (on the wave maker)
one no name power head
one powersweep dont remember the size offhand
three visitherm heaters
two different size mag floats
75g display tank
custom built stand with removable front door for easy access
20 gallon bi-weekly waterchange alternated with a 10 gallon biweekly water change (so there is a water change every week 20 one week ten the next) not for any particular reason thats just how I do it.
and a partrige in a pear tree

fbm

I am pretty new but here it is...
72 gallon bowfront
model 2 sump
rio 2100 return pump
300 watt heater
4 maxi jet 1200 (upgrading soon just don't know what yet see my other posts)
coralife ss 220 skimmer
nova extreme 8x54 watt T5HO
water change 10 gallons every week to week and half (plus or minus a week
)
3 digital timers

rykna

do you use an ozinizer
NOPE....
use extra money to buy more corals

NOPE.....

do you use a refugium
NOPE.....

NOPE....

how often do you do a water change?
Usually I just do top offs. Maybe every 3 mths I do a 20 to 30% water change. When I do this I add in my recipe of buffers, calcium, iodine, and such. KISS~ Keep it simple stupid. Course I wouldn't recomend my methods to a newbie....I kinda go by personal experience, kinda like the 6th sense you get automatically when you become a mother....you just know when to do stuff.

After taking down my 90 gallon I am currently running a 45 gallon reef tank that a friend gave to me. It has 45 lbs of live rock, a 2.5 inch bed of dead sand(the main reason my friend was having so much trouble with the tank), tons of various varietys of mushrooms, 2 tiny anemonies(not sure what they are), pair of false perc clowns, and a sand tiger star.
The light on it is actinic(needs replacing desperately), and for filtration I us 2 110 aqua clear power filters( simplicity at its best
), and the heater Cindy gave me with the tank rocks. It's a submersiable and has it's own thermostate( that's hooked up below in the cabinet) that is much more acurate. Much simpler than my 90. I hope to upgrade the light soon to I can try sps corals.

sign guy

HEY GIRLFREIND I cant wait to get my wave2k set up as soon as I get the belt I am going to test it at my lfs
he has never seen one in use and I need to see if I like it enough to get two more for the reef tank It will be better than christmas :jumping:

rykna

Hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared: the belt!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder.
Man~ I need to hire some elves next year! Can't wait to hear what you lfs thinks!!
Merry Christmas :happyfish

aztec reef

i'm oldschool so i like to keep it simple & low maintanance.
heres my equip:
29g
75lbs live rock
3-4"sand bed seeded with 9 for $99." indo pacific sea farm" fauna mix & match.
2maxijets
emperor 400 (water circulation)no bio-wheel. Carbon occasionaly.
cprbk2 reef ready skimmer
1x250w mh 10k +2x24w actinics.
oceanus 4 stage RO unit
ro/di drip system
the more equipment you have the more you maintanance. The only thing i need is to upgrade to bigger setup.

grumpygils

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
i'm oldschool so i like to keep it simple & low maintanance.
heres my equip:
29g
75lbs live rock
3-4"sand bed seeded with 9 for $99." indo pacific sea farm" fauna mix & match.
2maxijets
emperor 400 (water circulation)no bio-wheel. Carbon occasionaly.
cprbk2 reef ready skimmer
1x250w mh 10k +2x24w actinics.
oceanus 4 stage RO unit
ro/di drip system
the more equipment you have the more you maintanance. The only thing i need is to upgrade to bigger setup.
That sounds nice! Do you have PICs. I would like to see that much rock in a 29. Maybe I will add more to mine?
mc

teen

30 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump
a heater (not sure how many watts, but it keeps the temp steady)
coralife super skimmer rated for 65 gallons
i drip kalk to keep up with the calcium that the sps and clams use
ozonizers and calcium reactors are only worth it imo if you have a large tank (like 120+gallons)
i have a seio 800gph powerhead my return pump is 500 or so gph, and another rio powerhead thats like 400-500 gph.
i do water changes when i get around to it, but its not like i go a month or two without doing one, i just dont have a set schedule.
and by chem reactor do you mean to like drip additives? if so no, because i dont add any special products to my tank.

emmitt2

36g reef with:
Aqua c remora skimmer
mj-1200 and mj900
Coralife 2x65 pc lights
150w won brothers II heater
10 gallon water change every week
180g reef(waiting for all ordered pieces to come in):
ASM G-3 skimmer
ecosystem sump/fuge
2 Tunze turbelle 6000's with 7095 multicontroller
72" coralight aqualight with 3x150mh and 4x96pc
Mag 12 return pump

40 galons

Originally Posted by Rykna
do you use an ozinizer
NOPE....

NOPE.....

do you use a refugium
NOPE.....

NOPE....

how often do you do a water change?
Usually I just do top offs. Maybe every 3 mths I do a 20 to 30% water change. When I do this I add in my recipe of buffers, calcium, iodine, and such. KISS~ Keep it simple stupid. Course I wouldn't recomend my methods to a newbie....I kinda go by personal experience, kinda like the 6th sense you get automatically when you become a mother....you just know when to do stuff.

After taking down my 90 gallon I am currently running a 45 gallon reef tank that a friend gave to me. It has 45 lbs of live rock, a 2.5 inch bed of dead sand(the main reason my friend was having so much trouble with the tank), tons of various varietys of mushrooms, 2 tiny anemonies(not sure what they are), pair of false perc clowns, and a sand tiger star.
The light on it is actinic(needs replacing desperately), and for filtration I us 2 110 aqua clear power filters( simplicity at its best
), and the heater Cindy gave me with the tank rocks. It's a submersiable and has it's own thermostate( that's hooked up below in the cabinet) that is much more acurate. Much simpler than my 90. I hope to upgrade the light soon to I can try sps corals.
with all this extra cash youre useing to buy all these corals i would love to see youre tank. must be packed !!!

K

kalied20

Just running a heater, refuge with a mag5 return, and a maxijet 900 for a little more flow.....nothing else...

sign guy

Originally Posted by kalied20
Just running a heater, refuge with a mag5 return, and a maxijet 900 for a little more flow.....nothing else...
no skimmer, pre filter or nothing huh :notsure: