Ever Been Disappointed in Your New Zoa?

oceanlover

I lusted after "Dragonfly Zoas" for several months. They have a nice definite purple center, a lime green circle, and a purple skirt. I couldn't find a colony anywhere so I finally broke down and bought a frag.
Get your magnifying glass out if you want to see these zoas as they are so tiny as to be ridiculous. Honestly, they must have had a macro lense on the picture to get the detail. But in the real world, see the "actual" below.
My small scooter blenny next to the zoas looks like the Hulk.

keri

Awww!! welll.....in a while, when they completely cover a rock they're gunna look pretty amazing....until then make sure you put them right up front near the glass so you don't forget about them!

A

alexmir

i bought a beautiful colony of around 100 stardust people eaters for 40$. I was freaking out at the deal i got. 2 days in the tank and a few of them started to melt. I fragged it into lots of pieces, and slowly every single polyp had died.....
also, check the houston zfa growout thread, we were all a little disappointed.

spiderwoman

Just ask me how many times. I've been buying a lot of zoa's in the past few months. I've ended up with multiple frags of what look exactly the same zoa or at least very similar.
I think I can beat your micro zoa with one of mine that is about the size of a pin head. Many timesI think it has finally died, but they end up opening. hehehe.

keri

I think I actually have two of these in my nano, they came in as hitch hikers, they are so small I didn't really bother to look too closely at the colour but when I did they are very simmilar to DragonFly's.....now you've got me going blind trying to look at the tiny things!!! lol

reefkprz

I have only been dissapointed about 3-4 hundred times. but its the occasional "thats better than it looked in the picture" that makes it worth it.