ever think you been ripped off

pancho

For fun go into a lfs that you haven't been in that sell swf and inquire about a tank and pretend that you are clueless and see how much stuff they try to stick you with and then see if the person selling you this stuff has any knowledge of anything he's trying to sell you. i went to a lfs yesterday just to look around and asked a few questions and the poor guy who was helping me was clueless. Then i asked him how much an juvenile emperator cost he said 125.00 and i told him i paid 55 for mine then i saw a black white lined trigger for 225.00 i then said i paid 65.00 for mine. he couldn't believe it he even got the store owner and told her. and the exscuse i got before i told them my prices is that there is a shortage or something and thats why the price was high so i walked out with a half dozen of over priced crickets and two over priced small mice. let me know if you had this exsperiance. soory that this was so long.

marc42fe

I dont have to fake ignorance when it comes to salt water fish, it is natural at this point. But damn do they ever try to load me up each time. protien skimmers,(I built one) fluvall 404 ("Your homemade filter wont work ya know") over glorified IR light things with a pump on it. all medications known to fish kind,(I dont even have fish in my tank yet!!!!)
I wish I had the money to spend that they want me to but.......

holacanthus

For me it's the other way around! I have this one lfs that dosen't really know anything about swf much less fwf but i go there on tuesdays and thursdays because thats when they get in shipments of new fish! They misdentify all, well most of the fish and you could walk away with some good steals! Golden butterflies identified as Raccons( and priced at $39.00, I bout 6) and things of that nature. So hey i figure I'll swing by and see what they've got, wouldn't you! :D

treble

At my LFS, well one of them. They know alot and manage to identify everything correctly, but everything is a little overpriced. Such as a 55 gallon tank, stand, and canopy for $735.00! Then my other LFS has now real knowledge and is way over priced in some areas, such as a False eye puffer $50.00.......and there selection of dry goods is crap.