everyone told me my fish would die lol

kcowles040491

i have had a yellow tail blue damsel for at least a month. i just added 2 3 stipe damsels and there grouping and doing there thing i got them from the same tank that the little yellow tail was in so ii thought they wouldnt fight but there fighting its really funny to watch because the yellow tail is soo much bigger than the 2 three stripes and the 3 stripes kick his ass most of the time. Ive had them in the tank now for like 2 weeks and there starting to calm down a lil. i just wanted to know how to get copepods to grow in my tank lol i reallly want a green mandarin but i need a bigger tank for him because they do get kinda large and need alot of room to just roam around looking for cope pods ill put some pics of my tank up after i get home from school.

fishwanabe

you can buy them from this site, also there is a soap dish thing you can do. you buy a soap dish from wally's and put green cheato(sp?) in it and they grow/reproduce in it. there is a thread on in here somewhere:)

myreef05

Mandarins do NOT get big. They just eat nothing but pods. How big is your tank? How much live rock do you have?

B

brstwv

I have the soapdish fuge 3.97 at wally's it's located where the bathroom fixtures are oh so far so good

bruder

It's not that everyone says that it can't be done because it has before and probably will in the future. But in most people's experience the fish does not fair well in a tank that does not supply it with an ample food source. I would say save yourself the money and heartache and look at some other cool fish, or save up for a big enough tank to fully support a mandarin.