Everyones favorite fish for an Aggressive tank?

blueberryboomer

OK guys and gals, our cycle is almost complete, Ammonia-0,Nitrites-2,Nitrate-between10-20.Hopefully with in the next couple weeks we will be able to transfure our fish, snowflake eel, niger trigger, domino damsel,pork fish, and valintini puffer to the new 200gal. My question for all of you is this, what is your favorite aggresive fish and why??? We we're thinking of maybe a dwarf lion or some sort of lionfish, also I'd love an angelfish, I had lots of suggestions but not sure witch we like best, also if a dogface puffer would work I would love one of them. We are open to any and all suggestions. Later Lisa :D

goofieones

I don't think that you can put a pork puffer with a dog face, eventually they will fight. I was also told that you couldn't put a pork in with a small puffer either. But I'd go with a lionfish for sure, they are awesome.

justchillin

my current favorites are my snowflake eel (they are just so cool), but i also really like black volitan lions (my tank is to small for one though :( )...in that size tank i would definatly go for the black volitan...
let us know what you decide on...
mike.

lionfish

LionFish says......
Well, as far as Im concerned, I wouldn't have an aggressive tank without a lionfish. I prefer my Black Volitan over the rest but Radiattas are cool too. Dwarf lionfish are cool but, c'mon, you got a big tank which means BIG fish. Woohoo. I also like Hamlets and Puffers. I like the Porcupine Puffer and I plan on getting one soon. All Hamlets are pretty cool. Ever thought about a Harlequin Tusk? Now, theres one cool fish. Mine is a fat pig, but I spoil him and my Black Volitans because they are my favorites. Angels? Now, here me out here. There has been a lot of talk about Angels lately and it makes no sense. Angels need better water quality and different kinds of fish to be with. They just don't fit well with aggressive fish no matter what anyone says. You will need perfect water quality for these angels and Im not saying that you can't do it but it will be hard to. I won't attempt any angel in my aggressive tank because they are way too sensitive compared to my aggressiive fish and they would most likely die from a disease. Save your money and time and avoid angels in aggressive tanks.

skirk

I personally think a lionfish is more attractive than a harlequin tusk. If I could have just one lionfish then I'd make it a clearfin. They're awesome! They get about 9". Of course the volitan and dwarf lionfish are nice choices to. But what about a giant frogfish? They are very nice looking (check them out) and can change to many different colors. Quoted: "This is a large species with a rainbow of changeable colors". (Marine Fishes By Michael). They get about 10". Or what about a spotted scorpionfish? It is beautiful and gets to be about a foot long. Neither one of them need daily feeding. Anyways, if you haven't seen them then look'em up. HTH and take care.

blueberryboomer

Thanks to everyone for your opinion, lionfish, we will probaly be staying away from the angels, witch is going to be hard, I love them, I think they are one of the most beautiful fish around, but I will wait til we set up another tank. Fixit will kill me when he hears I'm already talking about another tank, OH Well, I don't plan on being in daycare for more than a couple more years, when I get out of it, our family room will be our fishy room...Can't wait, I'm getting to old to be chasing kids all day...Anyway, Thanks again to everyone that has posted and keep them comming!!!Later Lisa :D

fishgirl

My fav HAS to be the Huma trigger!! best aggressive fish ever - coolest personality - and I have yet to think of a color they don't have! Awesome fish to have - I miss mine alot - been three years without him now. :(
Well, aside from that, I like Panther Groupers and Clown triggers since you've got a big tank don't make the mistake of missing out on these!
btw, what are u going to put in your smaller tank now? community fish?

blueberryboomer

Fishgirl, Our 72 gal will have all our corals, plus we're placing a order for several more when the 200 is ready for our fish, also we're leaving Clarkie Clown in with his anemones and planning on adding one more Clarkie Clown, we're hopping they will pair up and breed....Later Lisa :D

pufferdaddy

I have to admit..I have a juvi Emperor in my 200 gall "half" aggressive. He rules the tank and is not near the size of the Stars and Stripes puffer he's in with. Maybe I got lucky but the Emperor is the hardiest, most aggressive fish I've got. Hope it lasts!!(lots of filtration and water movement helps)
I vote Stars and Stripes baby!!
[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: pufferdaddy ]

Puffers, Puffers, Puffers, Love the Goldens as well as the porcs. Porcs just have the best personalities, not to mention that you can tell a friend to go over to the tank at feeding time and laugh when the porc starts spitting water at him. Like a miniature sea world, where the orca spits water on the unsuspecting audience member.

I would have to say that I have absolutely fallen in love with porc puffers! I can't wait to get my 55 gallon tank set up so I can start adding my aggressive fish. ( a porc puffer, snowflake eel, and a dwarf lionfish) :)

I dont know about all of you but the triigerfis are my favorite. Cool looking, hardy, and easy to take care for, there perfect!!!Besides there mean attitude.

blueberryboomer

D.I.D, I have to agree with you about pork puffs, they are totally awesome fish. We had one, he was one of the first fish in our 72 gal. God I loved that fish...When he got cooked I was soooo upset! Ours would come right to the top of the tank and take food from my hand, very nicely! I loved his eyes, blue/green in color. When he died fixit bought me another one, this one didn't have the personality the first one had. Later Lisa

grouperhead

here are some of my favorites; blue-line grouper, golden coney grouper, aussie harlequin, lunare wrasses, blue jaw triggers, snowflakes, hogfishes, picassos, black volitan lions, and guinea fowl puffers. good luck with your new tank, its gonna be awesome. bo

chubby trigger

IF YOUR NOT FILMILIAR WITH THE BLUESPOTTED PUFFER FIND A PICTURE OF ONE THEIR GREAT AND FULL OF PERSONALITY. I ALSO HAVE A BLACK VOLITION AND A UNDULATED TRIGGER AND THEY GET ALONG GREAT

tjswanson

I would definetly look into a tuskfish. I love mine. It came from Australia. They say they have better color, but I think if you get a large one from another part of the world they'll prolly look pretty close. Another cool fish for an aggressive setup would be a Sohol tang. I know tangs need a little better water quality, but w/ a 200g tank, I can't imagine having too many problems. The Sohol will hold its own if not dominate the tank and will eat algae for ya. TJ