Evolution

pezenfuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/140#post_3376424
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc
http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/140#post_3375972
The lava data were refuted almost the day they were published. That is the nature of science - it self corrects as later investigators attempt to replicate or refute earlier findings. That is what makes Darwin's theory so amazing - it has withstood 150 years of testing and the accumulation of new knowledge, and has not been refuted in any of its major assertions.
The kbs tuff was also dated wrong for decades......the skull I mentioned dated wrong as well for years.........not corrected immediately....a lava rock from the mt st helens eruptions was dated hundreds of thousands years old...........had the scientists not known otherwise this rock would have been datedd then.
Oh and pez, are you calling those that believe in creation over science irrational........
Faith is irrational. It's belief without proof. There isn't anything wrong with that, just realize what it is.

darthtang aw

Faith is irrational. It's belief without proof. There isn't anything wrong with that, just realize what it is.

So a person that sees the beauty of creation by god while watching bees pollenate flowers or spiders spinning a web is irrational? You are the most arrogant teenager I have met in a long time......
Darth (children should be seen and not heard) Tang

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/160#post_3376464
So believing in evolution of humans from a lower life form,
human caused global warming and Good country music must be irrational because none have been proven.
Haven't you heard? There IS NO SUCH THING as a "lower life form".

UN document would give 'Mother Earth' same rights as humans

http://www.canada.com/news/world/document+would+give+Mother+Earth+same+rights+humans/4597840/story.html

flower

You know what happens when you play rock music backwards...the devil speaks
Do you know what happens when you play country music backwards?
You get your dog back, the wife comes home and your achey breaky heart is healed....

pezenfuego

Another case of mixed definitions. Creationists are not irrational if you use the definition that it means a lack of understanding (granted there are quite a few people who do not understand evolution-but not all and that's what is important and just as many people who believe in evolution do not understand it, so we're even on that ground). I think that's what you are thinking when I refer to someone as being irrational. I was not meaning to insult.
What I was expressing was the definition of complete belief without proof. Creationists believe in something and then some try to find evidence for it whereas scientists find evidence first and believe later. That's why it isn't science and there is nothing wrong with that. That's faith. Lots of my beliefs are irrational, but evolution isn't one of them. There is proof. There is no solid proof for the existence of God, but like I said you have faith and don't need that. It is possible that this proof is planted. Creationists love that idea and it is irrefutable, but there is no proof for it.
I'm also not talking about ALL creationists. Some creationists don't take the bible literally.
Irrational does not mean stupid and it does not mean a lack of understanding (by the definition I was using). That was not an insult and I apologize to anyone who took it as such.
I will be the more mature adult here and not resort to retaliation.

darthtang aw

Another case of mixed definitions. Creationists are not irrational if you use the definition that it means a lack of understanding (granted there are quite a few people who do not understand evolution-but not all and that's what is important and just as many people who believe in evolution do not understand it, so we're even on that ground). I think that's what you are thinking when I refer to someone as being irrational. I was not meaning to insult.

What I was expressing was the definition of complete belief without proof. Creationists believe in something and then some try to find evidence for it whereas scientists find evidence first and believe later. That's why it isn't science and there is nothing wrong with that. That's faith. Lots of my beliefs are irrational, but evolution isn't one of them. There is proof. There is no solid proof for the existence of God, but like I said you have faith and don't need that. It is possible that this proof is planted. Creationists love that idea and it is irrefutable, but there is no proof for it.

I'm also not talking about ALL creationists. Some creationists don't take the bible literally.

Irrational does not mean stupid and it does not mean a lack of understanding (by the definition I was using). That was not an insult and I apologize to anyone who took it as such.

Who are you answering?

pezenfuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/160#post_3376652
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/160#post_3376647
Who are you answering?
A reader who may have been offended.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to look at what irrational means. Lacking reason. Lacking mental clarity. Lacking sound judgment.
Faith, like love, or feeling we have about other humans, animals, our plant, etc., is based on human emotion and needs, not science or scientific study. There is a lot of about human beings that is not about science.
Irrational would be a religious zealot who decides to blow up buildings with human being in the name of god. Irrational is a negative state of mind. Faith is not a negative state of mind.

pezenfuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///forum/thread/384994/evolution/160#post_3376740
You may want to look at what irrational means. Lacking reason. Lacking mental clarity. Lacking sound judgment.
Faith, like love, or feeling we have about other humans, animals, our plant, etc., is based on human emotion and needs, not science or scientific study. There is a lot of about human beings that is not about science.
Irrational would be a religious zealot who decides to blow up buildings with human being in the name of god. Irrational is a negative state of mind. Faith is not a negative state of mind.
“Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.”—Albert Einstein
Again, I'm not talking about faith. I'm talking about fact-fitting. Fact-fitting does not follow rational thinking. There is nothing wrong with that.