Excalibur Skimmer....

puff daddy

Ok i have a hang on back excalibur fliter for my 125 salt. My pump is working but the shaft in it broke. I ordered a new pump thinking it would be better than just replacing the impellor per a company and when it got here it was a Rio 1700 which he looked up for me and i also looked at several sites and almost all that said anything about them said the pumps come with a Rio 1700. The Rio 1700 is a really big pump like maybe for a sump type. It will not work on my HOB type. The pump i have is very small compared to the new one and i cant seem to find a small type that will work. I took one of my maxjet 900 to try it and no luck. I even tried to trade out my broken shaf6t for the one in the new pump and no luck. Not pushing enough water. Well the local fish store people are no help so i am at a end any help wold be great.
THANKS

bob a.

Originally Posted by Puff Daddy
Ok i have a hang on back excalibur fliter for my 125 salt. My pump is working but the shaft in it broke. I ordered a new pump thinking it would be better than just replacing the impellor per a company and when it got here it was a Rio 1700 which he looked up for me and i also looked at several sites and almost all that said anything about them said the pumps come with a Rio 1700. The Rio 1700 is a really big pump like maybe for a sump type. It will not work on my HOB type. The pump i have is very small compared to the new one and i cant seem to find a small type that will work. I took one of my maxjet 900 to try it and no luck. I even tried to trade out my broken shaf6t for the one in the new pump and no luck. Not pushing enough water. Well the local fish store people are no help so i am at a end any help wold be great.
THANKS

Do you know what kind or brand name of pump was used on it originally? You are right, a rio 1700 is pretty big. The remora pro we have uses a rio 1400 and that pump isnt tiny. Somewhere in the documentation you got with the skimmer, it should mention the type or at least say how many gph and size output so you could spec it out from there. Good Luck.