Experience with angelfish

kb

I just recently got a flame and emperor angel and I had to treat my tank with copper soon after and with in about a week they both died! Does anyone have experience with having angelfish? Are they hardy or easy to keep? I really want another emperor angelfish but not if they aren't easy to keep!

kb

hey slyly I've read books and the flame angel is supposed to be the hardiest of all the angels and another book said the emperor angel was an 8 out of 10 on a scale for ease of keeping. so, it's not like I pulled these fish out of a hat and threw them in my tank! I just want to know what experience real people had with them.

perculaman

My first angel fish died within a week of me bringing it home. I believe the fish was already ill when I brought it home so thats why it died. I currently have another emperor angel and it is doing very well. I heard that the juveniles are more hardy than the adult. Both times I brought juvenules.
Your water coditions have to be almost perfect for them to survive.

krazzydart

a lot depends on your equipment at home and how they were caught in the wild..... also if buying a fish at a dealers place have the hold it for you after you know what one you want ..... any good dealer will do that ( mine does) that way you can let them rest awhile before hauling them home....
Originally posted by kb:

tjswanson

In my opion I think the copper killed them. I have read many books that angels espeacilly the flame can't stand normal levels of copper.