Extreme Makeover Home Edition coming to our town

nicetry

So they're doing a build for a family in our town starting the last week of June. The recipient hasn't been announced yet, but the college my wife works at is a sponsor and will set up educational funds for the kids. We've recieived flyers to have our scouts come on the reveal day and help yell "Bus Driver..Move That Bus!"
Anyone want Ty Pennington's autograph? No? I didn't think so.

teresaq

Oh I love that show. They did a house for a family I met while in china adopting our son. They have adopted 6 special needs kids, and the father got a brain tumor. He died 3 days after they finished the house.
T

bionicarm

I'm waiting for the Extreme Makeover Home Edition - One Year Later show. I've watched this show on and off, and am amazed as to what they can do to a home, or literally just a foundation, in a week. But I've also wondered what shape some of these homes are in after a year or so, based on some of the 'deserving' patrons they've given them to. I remember they gave one to these 7 or 8 'kids', ages ranging from 25 to 12 (something like that), whose parents died in an accident or something. They handed them this home that had to worth at least $500K, with all the latest amenities. They showed the house prior to the makeover, and it was completely trashed. The kids claim it was always like that, but you kind of wonder. Be interesting to see what that home, and some of these other homes that were located in 'not to great neighborhoods' look like today.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3059334
I'm waiting for the Extreme Makeover Home Edition - One Year Later show. I've watched this show on and off, and am amazed as to what they can do to a home, or literally just a foundation, in a week. But I've also wondered what shape some of these homes are in after a year or so, based on some of the 'deserving' patrons they've given them to. I remember they gave one to these 7 or 8 'kids', ages ranging from 25 to 12 (something like that), whose parents died in an accident or something. They handed them this home that had to worth at least $500K, with all the latest amenities. They showed the house prior to the makeover, and it was completely trashed. The kids claim it was always like that, but you kind of wonder. Be interesting to see what that home, and some of these other homes that were located in 'not to great neighborhoods' look like today.
I've also wondered about the quality of the workmanship that goes into a house thats built in a week. Some things just take a lot longer than that to do right!

stdreb27

I love that show, the "evil capitalists" get all their friends together, and make money helping people out. It is great.
But from what I've read, bc I've wondered the same thing. They do extensive backround checks on these people, go through their finances, to make sure they will be good stewards and can afford the cost of their house.