Eye Dee

Not sure of what type of brain this is, my LFS didn't really even know either lolol, which is sad.

thanks in advance, and when it is Eye Deed, if anyone can give a pic of theirs it would be great :)

Korbin

Does anyone know where I should place him in my tank, Can't find any viable information anywhere and I would rather it not die.

mscarpena

Looks like a lobophylia to me. You have to look at the skeleton to be sure. The lobo would have just a few sharp points through the flesh and the trachaphylia will have many fine hard calacerous combs. Also the trachaphylia will most likely have a cone shaped bottom. Both should have medium high light with medium flow and should be placed in the sand.

Thank you very much for the reply.
The skeleton has quite a few calacerous "teeth" if you will that protrude through the skin.
Right now I have it sitting on the top of my live rock with heavy light so when I get off work I will place it in the sand and medium light. Thank you very much for the help.

T

tizzo

Holy cow, I though many people were replying so I didn't even open the thread...
Anyway, yeah, I had mine on the sand. I'll see if I ever took a pic.
They also eat very small meaty foods at night. I fed mine cyclop eeze. I spot fed it. You hafta turn off every powerhead so it sits on him til he eats it and if you have hermits it's a good idea to squirt a bit next to it for them to eat otherwise they will steal it all.

T

tizzo

Here's the best I could do with a pic. Funny, that's gotta be the only thing I ever had that I didn't have a million pics of. I forgot I even had it til this thread...

Hhaha, it's no problem.
Do they get very large? I've seen a lot of brains that look completely different as far as shape and they were quite large.