False Percula Compatability

imo

Hello All,
I have recently just added a black percula clown to my tank last Saturday. What I need to know is if I would be able to add a orange false perc without there being any terretorial conflicts? Is one week long enough for the black perc to setup a terratory. I would have purchased them at the same time but the LFS where I purchased him from only had the black at the time and said there should be no problem adding in the orange later. So I go to pick up a an orange at a different location and they advise against it saying that the black will fight with the orange perc because its terratory will already have been set. I know that percs are a pretty docile clown fish and are considered a "schooling fish" and it is my opinion to try and add the orange. What does everyone think? I have a 55 gallon tank with 3 small green chromis (1/2"-3/4") and one small black perc (1-112").
Thanks,
Kirk

S

sebae0

i think the black perc will harass the new one also, for how long i dont know.

W

wildmike

I had 2 false percs in my 55. Then one day one of them died. It was a few weeks before I bought a true perc. They have gotten along great since I put the true in. That was over a month ago. I say go for it.
Mike
ps. As long as the perc is young (less then 2 2.5") you should be fine

slick

My best advice is this. Add a small one and monitor it very closely. There will be a little bit of harrasement but it should calm down in time. If there is to much aggression take one of them out.

killafins

Buy the orange false perc, okay? Then monitor the black false perc and find out its 'territory' and move it around like h*ll so that it gets confused. Release the orange false perc and watch, relaxe and buy some popcorn. They will battle for territories but soon will have there own set and live happily ever after (we hope...) naa, just kidding. Just make sure the orange false perc is the same size or a bit bigger than the black (this will help also)...
Go for it and gud luck