fans ?where and how?

fishman77

im looking into getting 2 250 watt MH's with no pcs or vhos just the MH(14k)where do i buy fans for it if its going to be hanging(pendants)???

nm reef

Several on-line retailors offer small fans...I use a couple of PFO 4" fans on my canopy. I've also used fans from radio shack. Mounting them will depend on the design of your canopy and available space...mine are installed on both ends and I've installed others on the rear. :thinking:

fishman77

hey NMREEF i was just wondering....are these good?
specs:This pendent uses a parallel reflector to focus the light into the tank as well as supplying sockets and an electronic ballast for 2-28w Power Compacts. Mogul base metal halide up to a 400W bulb. The metal halide ballast is remote with an 8' cord. The pendent should be mounted with the bulb parallel to the front of the tank. The power cord comes out the side with eye bolts on the back to hang the fixture. It can also be attached to an existing hood. The pendent is made from powder coated aluminum. A 4' fan is included with a glass lens. The metal halide and fluorescent lamps can be independently controlled. Dimensions: 12.5"W, 7.5"H, 16"L
does that sound good?heres a pic below.
also how high should they be off the tank?how should i get the tank used to the halides once i get them(i dont want a big algea bloom)