Fantasy Baseball

oceanists

Hey everybody it is that time of year again.
RU I know your game.
Today is thge day you can start setting up your team.
I think it is going to be done through sportingnews this year because of my hatred for MLB and its affiliates , still gotta have fun though.
Just post if you are interested in joing and I will get everybody the name and password for the league....
Does anybody want to enter a pay league this year????I voted pay league because if 10 or more people join your eligible for the $50 league winner prize as well as all of the prizes up to $5000.
Rules only 1 team per person.
and it is $17.99 for a team on sportingnews

ruaround

im in for the free league... i honestly dont pay close enough attention to it throughout the season...
are you gonna set a free one up regardless???

oceanists

Originally Posted by ruaround
im in for the free league... i honestly dont pay close enough attention to it throughout the season...
are you gonna set a free one up regardless???

absolutley... Im not sure when you can start on the one though , it says stay tuned.
When I get home tonight I will get both of you some info.

dskrezyna

I have never played the Sporting News. I usaully play the Yahoo.
How many teams will be in the league?
What positions and stats will be used?
Will it be a private league with people from here or a public league?

oceanists

Originally Posted by bayside
definately want to be in a league with the white sox fan considering im a twins fan, should be fun
Hey guys , we would do a private league for members here , email me @ coralpro@comcast.net if you are willing to do the pay leage . if we get 5 people we can get a huge discount and be eligible for our league prizes as well as public prizes.
I have never done the pay league @ sportingnews.com
As for the free league that opens next week. So if you want to do that more info will be coming!
Here is a quick explanation
In Ultimate Fantasy Baseball, you're the General Manager of your very own baseball team! We give you 50,000,000 Sporting News Dollars (TSND) to draft 14 players (5 pitchers and 9 hitters) who will score points for you based on how they play in real-life baseball games.
As GM, you use your 50,000,000 TSND salary cap to build the best baseball team you can afford. While they're on your team, your players score Ultimate Fantasy Points (TSNP) towards your season-long total by playing in real-life games. If one of your players is in a bad slump, or if he gets hurt, you can cut him and pick up another player to join your team, provided you can afford him. Manage your team wisely, though - you have a limited amount of moves you can make.
Ultimate Fantasy Baseball also features a dynamic player price market - the only one of its kind. Every day during the season (except for the All-Star Break), players salaries are updated, rising or falling based on the trading activity by YOU, the GMs. Just like the stock market, you can increase your purchasing power by buying low and selling high.

dskrezyna

Im not a fan of rotiserie leagues as this one in the Sporting News is. Id also rather play a head to head league with non-salary cap.