Favite questions

rwhite

I understand that favites are relatively easy to keep as long as they get enough light/flow. Just wondering how true this was. I've done searches on the board and havent found much info on them other than the above and that they can be aggressive toward neighboring corals. We love the look of them, but I'm not sure if we have enough light for one. We have 4 x 65w pcs over a 55g. From what I've seen, most are kept at the bottom of tanks, like brains. Would we be able to keep one with our lighting? Any info is greatly appreciated.

S

spsaddict

all of my favities like med light med flow.. i personally dont spot feed my corals except my sun polyps. 4 55w pcs over a 55 gal will be sufficent.

rwhite

Thanks, I was beginning to think no one was keeping any or just plain ignoring me. Anyone have any pics of them? We went ahead and picked one up along with some other stuff. Going to start a new thread with pics of the newbies, I'll prolly post a pic of the favites here too.

rwhite

Here it is just after acclimation. Lost some color during the move, I'm hoping its just upset and will regain its darker brown outer rings.