Favorite sport teams?

jr2857

what's your guy's favorite sports team. kind of hard to believe no one brought this up.
basketball- Miami heat :cheer:
football- Seatle seahawks :cheer:
baseball- Chicago white sox :cheer:
what about YOU?

jerth6932

Originally Posted by jr2857
what's your guy's favorite sports team. kind of hard to believe no one brought this up.
what about YOU?
Kind of a front runner huh?
B-ball: Jazz..... but fav player Shaq
Football: 49ers
Baseball:Who really cares?!?!?

E

exile415

what about YOU?
basketball - golden state warriors
football - niners
baseball - sf giants

jr2857

Originally Posted by NW2SLTFSH
Football - Pittsburgh Steelers
Baseball - Boston Red Sox
Hockey - Pittsburgh Penguins
still can't believe the steelers won. the seahawks had overall better stats

travis89

Football- New England Patriots
Basball- Atlanta Braves
Basketball- Detroit Pistons
Hockey- Detroit Red Wings

ruaround

Football - Tampa Bay
Baseball - Atlanta
Basketball - Seattle (I also like Sacremento & San Antonio)
Hockey - Vancouver

cartman101

NFL-Tampabay or New England cant decide
NHL-Tampa Bay
Basketball-dont watch it
Baseball- YAWN.............

cartman101

Originally Posted by Eaglephot
I like the Yellow Tangs and the Bicolor Angels. :hilarious
? I assume you don't like sports then...

nw2sltfsh

still can't believe the steelers won. the seahawks had overall better stats
I got this email a while ago (right after the superbowl) But I feel it is appropriate here
Super Bowl XL:
1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.
2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.
3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.
4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.
5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.
6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.
7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.
8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.
9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.
10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.
And for any 'hater' still feeling a little salty and reaching for excuses as to why the Steelers didn't deserve to win the Super Bowl ...
11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.
12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.
13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.
14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.
15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)
16. The Refs werent the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.
17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.
18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties ...One team made plays and one team didn't.
The end result was the final score, 21-10.
To every Steeler hater out there I say, 'Get over it,' and learn to accept losing with a little grace, humility, and dignity. Perhaps you'll earn yourself some respect in doing so ....
What the Steelers accomplished this year as a #6 seed on the verge of elimination is nothing short of miraculous. Think about it, it's NEVER been done before in NFL history and may never be done again. This team was matched against the very best that the league had to offer .... on the road no less ... and we beat them all! Sorry, but there is nothing empty, tarnished, or undeserving about that .....

nw2sltfsh

Wow that's alot of info. i guess there's always next year

Sorry Us Steeler fans get a little "odd" when people say that they didnt deserve to win - My Husband is happy that football season is over - he thinks I turn mean during the season

liverock27

NHL-Thrashers
NBA-Hawks
NFL-Raiders
and my favorite team is the Atlanta Braves...season ticket holder since I was 5.

shu-perman

MLB-Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim....AL West Champs 04/05 and will be in 06
NBA-Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Los Angeles Kings
NFL-Los Angeles....oh snap we don't have a team.....I was a Los Angeles Rams fan til that BIATCH moved them to StL....

nw2sltfsh

Originally Posted by ruaround
i thought this was pretty funny...
CSI: Detroit - Case Solved

OUCH!!!! that one hurt deep down inside! And I have always been nice to you ....

ruaround

nothing meant by it NW2... just comedy...
besides you have the best comback/burn of all... which would be the final score!!!