favorite thing about your tank?

pferboy

i am pretty new to this BB. i enjoy it very much. i would like to find out more about the people who are here, why do you love this hobby? so, i am posting the queston:
what is your favorite thing about your tank?
mine is finding new things in it that i have never seen before in my tank(a new polyp, etc...)
i also enjoy water changes and any other maintance on the tank. for some reason i really enjoy it:p

tangtang

Me too!!! And, WELCOME!
I'm new to the hobby and can stand for hours with my magnifying glass in hand watching my live rock! Good thing I get such a kick out of the hitchhikers! My tanks are still mostly rock and sand with a few frags thrown in.
Linda

mr . salty

I originally started salt for something diferent to occupy my time.The challange was cool,the livestock is awsome,the choises are endless.
Now that the tank is well established the challange is gone,soI mainly enjoy other peoples reaction to it as thet see it for the first time.Most people have never seen a salt tank before(or any tank as large as this) so they are usually full of questions,and stare for hours.

killyah

i have kept FW tank for years and i wanted more of a challenge so i went for SW. also i love the colors of the fish and corals.. i also like the researching and learning part of the hobby! power to the mind!

nacl-h2o

I kept FW for many years and SW just seemed to be the next step and within a year I converted to a reef. I was attracted to it's complexity, beauty and diversity.

I have owned FW too.. Love to shut lights off at night and just watch them swim!
I got a SW because I have always been fascinated with the beautiful fish. Now I am just so excited about LR and hitch hikers and corals.... Still enjoy shutting lights off at night and watching everything just flow in the current.....
Kim;)

moga

i love things..that grow in LR, specially small red, yellow, strip feather worms..it's really cool..

katara

I started because "everyone told me not to, too expensive,too much work".All the $$ & work is so worth it when I'm stressed out and can just lose myself gazing into my little piece of the ocean.

krishj39

Mine is scouring my LR for more hitchikers I haven't noticed before, and looking at the tank at night with a flashlight. My other favorite is the same as MR SALTY. I love showing it off to people who haven't seen it before. They are usually interested enough that we can talk about it for hours, it's great!

lharm

Its always easier to talk to someone who likes or hasnt seen a sw tank. Other ppl will roll thier eyes and walk off if I say somthing about the tank. However if I said "Hey, That clownfish has a spot of ick," they all run to the tank. Probably because its my moms clownfish. But they dont care about my Yellow tang. But usauly its family that does that kind of stuff. Lucky for me my dad likes and knnows alot about swf.

donkeykong

no matter how many papers and research projects are due. No matter how much crapp is going down at work, no matter what just broke around the house...I can get completely lost just staring at my tank.