Favre Asks To Be Released!!!

digitydash

He wanted to play but from what I have heard GB doesn't want him so he asking for a release.They better think real good about turning him down Rogers is not going to be better then Farve.Their is a couple teams that just need a desent QB to get them over the hump like minisota and some others.

jmick

I may be the only one who feels this way but I think Favre is a tool! How can the Packers bring him back, he put them in a terrible situation. When he retired after last season as an organization their plans had to shift and they went about their draft and free agent signings under the assumption that A Rodgers was their QB and not Favre.
I can only hope he ends up in Miami, which will be a fitting end for the aging gunslinger especially after we had to endure the 3 full days ESPN gave him and his tear soaked retirement sob fest.

S

saltman23

Could anyone imagine Favre going to the Bears. (Bears Packers rivalry)

I as a Bears fan would not be too crazy about the idea, but we do need a QB

pontius

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2683747
I may be the only one who feels this way but I think Favre is a tool! How can the Packers bring him back, he put them in a terrible situation. When he retired after last season as an organization their plans had to shift and they went about their draft and free agent signings under the assumption that A Rodgers was their QB and not Favre.
this is probably one of the only times that you and I will ever see eye to eye, but I agree. I have always liked and admired Favre, but he has put GB in a bad position and is not giving Rodgers his chance.
this is a sign/release/or trade deal. there is no way that GB can release or trade Favre as it would be a sacrilige to the GB fanbase. I would say go ahead and sign him and tell him that he is going to have to earn the starting job, with the presumption being that Rodgers is going to be the starter. if the two are equal in preseason, the Rodgers should be the starter. if Favre is so much better than Rodgers, even at this point, then Favre should start and Rodgers should be sent packing if he was a number 1 draft pick that can't keep pace with an old man.

reefraff

I think about 99% of the NFL players are tools so Farve is no exception. I'm still hoping the Raiders will grab him. Russel needs a tutor

notsonoob

Farve will not be released. He is being welcomed back to the team as Arron Roger's backup.
He'll need to win a starting job.

reefraff

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
http:///forum/post/2684594
Farve will not be released. He is being welcomed back to the team as Arron Roger's backup.
He'll need to win a starting job.
You really think they will be willing to pay him to be a backup? It would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make to bring him back. It will never be Roger's team as long as Farve is in uniform.

notsonoob

They have plenty of cap space to pay him. They are millions under the cap even with his salary.
I would bet that they are holding out for a trade myself, if he wants out of Green Bay.
I think it is perfect. There is a report that he called up McCarthy in late March and said he was thinking of coming back. They were prepared to fly him up, but a day or so before he waffled them again. He has put them in no choice to move on.
IF they cut him, he could go where ever he wants, but GB will be charged with a massive cap hit. If they trade they could get rid of his contract,which would be idle in this situation.

schnutzzy

A backup QB? How funny. Well his senior moments have bit him in the a$$. Now he will have to earn his job back and he might have problems doing that. LOL

reefraff

Originally Posted by NOTSONOOB
http:///forum/post/2684755
They have plenty of cap space to pay him. They are millions under the cap even with his salary.
I would bet that they are holding out for a trade myself, if he wants out of Green Bay.
I think it is perfect. There is a report that he called up McCarthy in late March and said he was thinking of coming back. They were prepared to fly him up, but a day or so before he waffled them again. He has put them in no choice to move on.
IF they cut him, he could go where ever he wants, but GB will be charged with a massive cap hit. If they trade they could get rid of his contract,which would be idle in this situation.
That would make sense. Even if they just get a draft pick out of it they are way ahead.

digitydash

Nobody is giving draft picks for someone they are not sure is going to play more then a year.If they do it wont be a very high one.

prime311

Lifelong diehard Packer fan here. Favre will not be released, there is no chance to let him sign with a NFC North team. There would be mutiny. Also, Ted Thompson is way too cold and too good of a businessman to allow that to happen. Favre will not be a backup, can you imagine the team chemistry with Favre on the bench? Can you imagine trying to bring up Favres successor with him on the bench? It just isn't possible, the damage it would have on the team's morale would be devastating. Favre will either stay retired or be offered to work out a trade with a non-NFC North team. Even if he gets traded for a conditional 7th round draft pick in a trade and contract renegotiation is fine. The point is there is no way he will play for the Bears, Lions, or Vikings. Those are the only options for Packers fans and the only realistic possibilities.

jerryatrick

Farve could reunite with his old QB coach in Philly. He will come in as the backup but be starting in week 10 due to another McNabb injury. Farve will win the birds a super bowl and go out like MJ (2nd time he retired).

nwdyr

Like it was stated above...they are all tool's!!!! but as a frustrated Bears fan , having him here would be like hitting the Lotto!!! I think the odds are about the same also

prime311

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2685002
Like it was stated above...they are all tool's!!!! but as a frustrated Bears fan , having him here would be like hitting the Lotto!!! I think the odds are about the same also

I just puked a little at the thought of Favre in a Bears uniform.

reefraff

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2684987
Lifelong diehard Packer fan here. Favre will not be released, there is no chance to let him sign with a NFC North team. There would be mutiny. Also, Ted Thompson is way too cold and too good of a businessman to allow that to happen. Favre will not be a backup, can you imagine the team chemistry with Favre on the bench? Can you imagine trying to bring up Favres successor with him on the bench? It just isn't possible, the damage it would have on the team's morale would be devastating. Favre will either stay retired or be offered to work out a trade with a non-NFC North team. Even if he gets traded for a conditional 7th round draft pick in a trade and contract renegotiation is fine. The point is there is no way he will play for the Bears, Lions, or Vikings. Those are the only options for Packers fans and the only realistic possibilities.

I would bet Farve is looking at making a move south, why else wouldn't he have just told the pack he wanted to play another season when he had the chance? I could see a team giving up a 2nd round pick if they were a QB away from being a contender even if it was only for a year.