feather duster closed for 3 days

ne1 knows why one of my feather duster was closed for more than 2 days now and the other 2 are fine..what causes a feather duster to remain close? :rolleyes:

robster

hi
not to say this is true but over the last few years ive bought many feather dusters and if they remained closed it was one of two things 1.it died 2.it shed its head and it will reapere in a few weeks with small feathers.in my opion they just donot live well in tanks i have one very large one that came with a rock i bought 3 years ago the rest that i bought all perished for what ever reason i have also read in seaveral mags that they die very easily.

nosmada

they also get spooked. something in your tank may have scared him and he does not feel safe. give hime time. mine hid for about 1 month one time. he came out much smaller than before but grew back nicely. watch the tube for decomposition, if that happens then he has most likely died.
hth,
chris

blueberryboomer

Be patient, we have several in our tank, the newest one a pink and white hide in his tube for about 3 weeks before he finally came out, he still hides for days at a time. Later Lisa

total

I have one and with in two days of first putting it in it lost its feathers. After about 3 days I was going to remove the tube from the tank thinking it was dead. when I went in to grab the tube something inside the tube moved so I let it set for about two weeks. then little feathers popped out. and now its full size. I recommend checking the tube for movement before getting rid of it.
Good luck
TTFN