feather duster knightmare

wla1610

Does anyone have a recomendation on getting rid of tiny featherdusters. I have tons and tons on my rock. It is really ugly looking having so many and it's getting worse by the month.

stanlalee

size of tank? many butterfly and wrasses will devower them in no time. My little puffer does a so so job

stanlalee

Originally Posted by dhughesz28
Didn’t know feather dusters spread so fast, are you sure they are not aptasia?
Can you post a pic?
if you have them and let water quality get away from you for a while (nutrients) the population will explode. If you look at the pic I posted above all those little sticks on the rock are worms simular to the mini feather dusters (but without the feather).
I have mini dusters too. the ones I get that multiply quickly make a white tube with red feather. many just attached themselves to my skimmer or the outside of a rock like this (not my pic and not that big but you get the idea:

here is a link to a pic of what I actually get too many of
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/163864/reef-worms#post_1193774
common hitchhiker featherduster on my mushroom rock circled. a few are pretty especially when you get the red, orange and colored ones. 50 or 100's not so cute.

aptasia dont build tubes that protrude and the feather looks disimular to an aptasia anenome. unlikely to be mistaken for one another.
these are better indications of too nutrient water than nitrates. my nitrates never climbed more than 20ppm (although they were zero) but I knew there was a problem with the water when all these worms started exploding (all kinds). all it took was the month or two last spring I thought I'd try a high fish load in my 30g reef (six fish). leason learned.