Feather Duster Placement?

mac

Is there a preferred way to place feather dusters in the tank (eg. prop against lr, "plant" in the sand, ...) What is your experience?

reefnjeff

me personaly I have 4 feather dusters and I have them in the sand, I noticed they make new tubes and the use the sand for part of there material, I would say put them in the sand, mine appear to be very happy there.

fshhub

i got them all ofer, the rock, the sand and on hte glass, they will co fine anywhere, but they want a moderate abut not heavy water flow

superdust

I just bought one of these creatures today...should i bury most of the tube in the sand or just place it on top? Is it normal for them to pull back in their tube every so often...is this how they eat? I have been unable to find a lot of information on them so any would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dustin

mac

Based on our collegues input you can either burry them partially in the sand or set them up aganst the rock. Yes it is quite normal for them to retract. They eat very small particles in the water which are caught in their "feathers" then they pull the food down inside to start the digestion process. They also will retract if stressed/distrubed.