feather duster question

greymach

my feather duster threw its crown and is sticking itself out of its tube. Is that normal after they throw their crown? It is sticking out a couple inches and is still moving in and out so its alive.

jon321

Mine have never done that when they dropped their crown. Check water quality and make sure nothing is attacking the worm.
Jon

nycbob

from my experience, once a feather duster get rid of its crown, it will most likely perish sooner or later.

zoie2

What do you mean by "throw it's crown"? Do you mean you actually SEE the "crown" on the sand, or floating around. How do you know it has "Thrown it's crown"?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by zoie2
What do you mean by "throw it's crown"? Do you mean you actually SEE the "crown" on the sand, or floating around. How do you know it has "Thrown it's crown"?
Yeah they "throw the crown off" or drop it as it were. A couple of reason i have found that they will throw thier crown is they are placed in an area of high flow and the crown is either thrown or ripped off, predation or water quality.
water quality is the norm with a lot of first time keepers.

sharkbait9

i have two that threw thier crowns and stayed hidden in their tubes and would peak out once in a while. The crowns grew back and they are fine.

jessica47421

mine has throwed their crown before and it grew back and now they are fine. i would check the water and if all checks out it should be fine