feather duster question.

ttran

last night i notice my feather dust was out of the tube. is this normal? should i be worried about it? it looks fine, should i try to put him back in?

something is wrong with your water,they are very sensitive to nitrates in the water, mine did the same thing and it was dead by morning,when they leave their tube they are just about dead,they are very vounrable once out of the tube,my crabs got to mine and ate it

shyfish

Originally Posted by ttran
http:///forum/post/2960546
last night i notice my feather dust was out of the tube. is this normal? should i be worried about it? it looks fine, should i try to put him back in?
Hi,
You can't help
your worm. This is something he has to take care of himself. It is live or die, but you can't do anything but make matters worse for him.
I agree...check your water ASAP

pezenfuego

Oh yeah. One time I changed my flow and that caused it to ditch it's plume...but it stayed in the tube and is doing fine now. They are hardy little worms, so if your water quality is fine, then chances are you will see a new feather duster in the future...it will just be in a different part of the tank. It took mine about 2 weeks to regrow everything.

ttran

im at work right now , i'll test the water when i get home. i also have two other feather duster and they seem to be doing great. it doesn't look like its dying, it looks normal just out of the tube.