Feather Duster

xavier

I am looking to purchasing a feather duster and have much information but will like to get opinions and more info.
Are they pretty hardy in your opinion?
Where to attach? I have crushed coral.

gus

Originally posted by xavier:
I am looking to purchasing a feather duster and have much information but will like to get opinions and more info.
Are they pretty hardy in your opinion?
Where to attach? I have crushed coral.

Hey dude, I have one myself. I had a piece of lice rock that I was able to fit in a crevace, I've also buried it to. Yours new one my lose its crown when you first get it, but that is to be expected. In about two weeks a new crown appears!! As long as your water quality is good, you should have no problems..

T

tattooedlife

Feather Dusters are preety well hardy. Just try to place them out of direct current. They seem to be happier with low water flow.

kass

I have many dusters in my tank. I put in a duster cluster and they popped up all over. I also have a coco worm which is the cadalac of feather dusters (at least the price is). Coco worms have a calcerous tube instead of a soft one. It's pretty cool but needs calcium to do well.
Dusters are filter feeders and may need invert food if you don't have alot of live rock or your water is really clean from skimming and carbon. Use the food sparingly so you don't pollute water. They don't need alot of light. You can put them pretty much anywhere in the tank that their not going to get blown away from water flow.