Feather Duster...

mxkris

Alright, I just got a feather duster, which is still in the bag acclimating. Anyays, There is tiny little slug looking thing crawling around in the bag which I doubt can be the tube worm, because it's TINY and has no crown or anything. So do I need to get rid of this thing?

mxkris

Not really, he's really that small. I found so pics on the internet of them out of the tube and it's definitly not the tibe worm. It's a tiny tiny little slug lookin dude. I wonder if he's dangeous? Looks like a mini snail without a shell! haha

mxkris

After looking in the invert section he does kinda look like the dolabella nubibranch on there, just so so tiny. I guess he's okay to put in the tank?

mx#28

Originally Posted by mxkris
After looking in the invert section he does kinda look like the dolabella nubibranch on there, just so so tiny. I guess he's okay to put in the tank?
I don't think I'd put an unidentified nudi in my tank. Too many of them are pests that can damage corals and are difficult to eradicate.

mxkris

Alright thanks! H'es so tiny I would probably never find him again, so if he's gunna be a pain i'll get rid of him. I see you ride MX? I ride too.. I know it's off topic and all!!

mx#28

Alright thanks! H'es so tiny I would probably never find him again, so if he's gunna be a pain i'll get rid of him. I see you ride MX? I ride too.. I know it's off topic and all!!
Ah ha, I was wondering about the MX part of your screen name. Do you race or anything?

mx#28

Sure do! I live in GA but ride alot here and in AL. Where are you at?
I race the local pro class in Colorado, although I've been injured a few times and havn't raced for a while. I feel like I get slower everytime I ride :)

mxkris

I doubt it. It really looked like a slug, moved like one, had two little antennas and stuff. I got rid of him. Only problem now, my feather duster came out, and he's

[hr]
!
I guess he shed his crown? But hey, he was free, so I guess I can't complain.. Any idea on how long it takes to regrow? Also, I need to get him attached to something, any advice? He has some subtrate pieces stuck to the bottom of him, can I just pull them off and put him where I want him to stick?

mxkris

Originally Posted by MX#28
http:///forum/post/2449922
I race the local pro class in Colorado, although I've been injured a few times and havn't raced for a while. I feel like I get slower everytime I ride :)

Sweet, I ride 125 D (I'm a pro beginner) and Women's down here in GA! This is like my 3rd year riding but they keep letting me ride D because I'm a chick! haha!

mx#28

http:///forum/post/2450500
Sweet, I ride 125 D (I'm a pro beginner) and Women's down here in GA! This is like my 3rd year riding but they keep letting me ride D because I'm a chick! haha!
Awesome. In Colorado, they usaully let the women ride the age group classes with a 10 year handicap. Some of them are really fast, these days.
Your feather duster was likely stressed during shipping to drop his crown. They are very capable of regrowing it if the conditions are okay and the damage is not too severe. It usually doesn't take long to see some sign of growth on the new crown - if all is well.