feather dusters

rgoldenc

we went to the fish store today, the man told us that our feather dusters can have babies, and they don't need a mate. They multiply like freshwater snails, is this true???

ocellaris_keeper

I've seen the little ones multiply but I haven't seen the larger ones yet. I do know that feather dusters are worms and they multiply like parasites versus animals, so I believe your LPS may be right.

rmd8110

i sure wish i knew what their deal was with reproducing..i need to research some more i guess. i have TONS of little feather dusters suddenly appearing all over my rocks. I bought 2 big ones and i don't know if they have something to do with that or not. One of the big ones did something really strange a couple weeks ago. it came out of its tube...i coule see it wedged between 2 rocks. have no idea where it is now though....but a few days later a pretty good size, but not as big as that one came out of that old tube...and it's a perfectly normal looking feather duster. i don't know if the old one split or what....any ideas????

old hermit

i had one come out of its tube as soon as i got it home. it has been 3 weeks now and it is almost done with making its new tube.