Fed-Ex costs to the UK.....

timsedwards

Hi Guys,
If youve seen my other posts on blue legged hermits, you will see how expensive things are here in UK.
I took a browse on the invert section of this website and the crabs/snails etc and my oh my how cheap they are!
So the question is, what is the quickest/safest/cheapest way to ship them to the UK, any ideas? Obviously they would ahve to be shipped to a friend first in the USA as SWF wont ship international.
It must be possible as everything in England is couriered from Singapore in not much more than a wet piece of paper!
Many Thanks!
Tim.

timsedwards

carole you're a legend! that would be amazing if you could, or if you cant if you could forward the numbers to me and ill stun them with my England accent and Hugh Grant impression

Tim.
ps. US Mail I think I am looking at about $50 or so, which is acceptable, but thats 2-3 days?

jacksonpt

I think you're on the right track. I'd offer to be you're "friend" but I live in the northeast and it's awful cold this time of year (-10F right now). Having them stay in the warmer south would be a better option as temps wouldn't be as much of a concern. I suspect you'd have to have them shipped to a "friend" in the states where they were put into a holding tank for a few days to recover from the first leg of the trip. Then they would have to be overnighted to you.

timsedwards

hi guys thanks for the responses,
Carole that does sound a good idea! I was thinking of using my friend in either North Carolina (Kip, done dry goods like this for me before ;)) or another friend in california but that is a bit out of the way! You can pick them up from swf?
If you could find out i would be really interested, as it is amazingly more economical than buying them from 60 miles away.
Im coming over to Fort Wayne, IN and New York City in late feb, but bringing them back on British Airways would be an issue!
Tim.

timsedwards

sorry slightly misread your post carole....without talking too much on competitors on here, are prices near you very similar to swf.com?

dockery07

Tim, I am coming to the UK in March. If you need dry goods, I am sure I'll have room.. Also ? for you. My husband wants to pick up a defender while we're there and ship it back, any place you can think of we might get a pretty good deal?
Thanks, emial is dockery07@yahoo.com

timsedwards

HI there,
Cool where are you going in the UK?
I may be being a bit dull here (just come in at 3am from night out :sleepy: ) but whats a defender? let me know and ill be glad to help.
BTW we are ok to talk about international/UK shops or fish stores because they dont impeach on any business of swf.com as they will not ship internationally.
Best Wishes,
Tim.

dockery07

We're going to london, on the 8th of March. A defender is Land Rover. Sean wants right hand drive. Who knows why. I think we are also going to take the train up to scottland to the golf course. St. Andrews (I think).
Anyhow if you want anything let me know. I will be able to help you on that international shipment stuff soon. for Live stock,

timsedwards

Hey Guys!
8th March? Im flying on the 8th March from New York to London Heathrow! What way/airline are you flying?
Now I know what a defender is, hmmm my local distributor is very professional, www.merlin.cardiff.landrover.co.uk is the link. What sort of cost is it to ship a car over to the USA?
St Andrews is lovely, but take my advice; trains are ridiculously expensive, its normally cheaper to fly from London to Edinburgh on a low-cost airline, try EasyJet, RyanAir and BMI Baby.
Tim.